NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 07-25-2006 08:32:53

kevin

hey do you consider adding new applets??

hey waccon:
remember i told you before and i asked for new applet? how did you go with that?
i heard that you had worked on Picturebbs before, but you can't get it to work..
You were exactly right on its data structure through.. I successfully made an save script.. hopefully this helps

Code:

//Getting data
    $inputSocket = fopen('php://input','rb');
    $twr = stream_get_contents($inputSocket);
    fclose($inputSocket);
    $file_extension = substr ($twr, 0, 3);
    /Saving file
    $fp = @fopen( $filename.$file_extension, 'w' );
    fwrite( $fp, substr($twr,11,intval(substr($twr,3,8)))); 
    fclose( $fp );
// Message for applet's lock feature
echo "ACK";

I actually thought that the applet isn't send anything! but if the applet really don't send anything then it wouldn't work on BBSnote

After a long lookup, I discovered that You can't use $HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA because it's a bug of PHP. Since data sent by PictureBBS did not specify its content-type, It will  sent to php://input instead of $HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA.

also message "ACK" needed to be echoed back to applet, it 's probably a lock feature of applet. if you don't echo it back the applet will show fail message even the file is actually successfully saved.

I also successfully parsed php scripts for all other paint applets. if you need any other help feel free to get me here.

#2 07-26-2006 05:56:38

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: hey do you consider adding new applets??

Ahh... that's interesting.  Maybe a read from STD_IN will solve the problem people are having where servers have HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA disabled.  I'll look into that.

As for the ACK, that's only for the redirect.  It has nothing to do with what data the applet is sending to the board.  It's too bad there's no real documentation for these applets.  Thanks for the info.  If I can actually get data properly from the applet, then parsing the data is a piece of cake.

The next step is figuring out how to easily add an applet officially to the board.  A new datatype number is required, and that makes things painful, since there's datatype tests all over the place, and that means changing a lot of things.

#3 07-26-2006 08:46:20

kevin

aha i finished saving scripts for all applets, so let see if you want to include more. they are good but they takes a bit of time, because most applets lack of documentation which leads to many guessing works. Many applets has different way to send their data, there was one applet even uploaded the picture rather than sending in proper way. Another stumbling block was "Lock words", some special words were actually required by some applet otherwise they would just return a "fail" message even the saving process was successfully.

I'm actually planning to modify the whole Wacintaki to make it supports ALL OEKAKI APPLETS, and also make it to support different language and it could be universal oekaki applet MySql board.  After that I think i probably build another board from scratch which only require PHP to run it.

Last edited by kevin (07-26-2006 08:47:11)

#4 07-26-2006 14:42:58

Nullig

@Kevin

Do you have the code for adding Lascaux Sketch?

Nullig

#5 07-26-2006 23:11:33

sfox8

I've gotten Lascaux Sketch to work (my friend and I). I'm working on getting it to work with Wacintaki and for some reason it stopped working with Wax too but when I get it to work I might be able to give it to some people. We should probably check to see if Marcello is alright with it though?

#6 07-27-2006 02:31:04

kevin

Nullig wrote:

@Kevin

Do you have the code for adding Lascaux Sketch?

Nullig

Yes I do and it works fine on oekaki... I have finished scripts for all available oekakis on the internet. In php it's harder to make a php version because STDIN in CGI or binaryread in ASP could mean HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA or $_FILES['file'] or php://input, depends on its content type specified.

If anyone knows any other applet other than following, please tell me and I see if i can make a save script for it. I want to make a board to include all applets.
Shi-Painter
Shi-Painter Pro
OekakiBBS (Warning: read the FAQ)
PaintBBS, with palette
PaintBBS
Lascaux Sketch
OekakiV131
Picturebbs
BBSpainter

but i don't think it's time to tell people how  Lascaux Sketch works.. I think Marcello must has some reason for setting a special lockcode (this one is much more difficult to guess) for the applet like pictureBBS do.

I want to make Wacintaki support different language before make it an universal board supports all applets.

Last edited by kevin (07-27-2006 02:32:20)

#7 07-27-2006 11:56:38

sfox8

I think you're right. Also I don't want to tell everyone how to work Lascaux without Marcello's go ahead because he hasn't OFFICIALLY released a version for it yet and there's probably a reason for that. Not sure about the other applets though.

#8 07-27-2006 20:10:39

kevin

sfox8 wrote:

I think you're right. Also I don't want to tell everyone how to work Lascaux without Marcello's go ahead because he hasn't OFFICIALLY released a version for it yet and there's probably a reason for that. Not sure about the other applets though.

yeah..but i really got lascaux worked on Wacintaki.... it's easy to get all applets to work on Wacintaki  once you know the structure of the code, thankfully the Waccon made the code very organised and it's very easy to read. I think all applets can fit Wacintaki as long as they are able to send imformation to php input stream.

I think i'll probably release the version of  Wacintaki   once i finished it through.. I think i'll finish in 1 month.. However, I don't really have time because the stupid HSC is comming in 3 months. before release of that version i probably ask the author to seek permission.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB