NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 09-06-2006 16:08:21

Sadil

Folders for Omails

I was thinking if it were, perhaps, possible to be able to sort Omails into folders you can create, edit or delete. I always get a lot of Omails on my board, most of them relating to different subjects. It'd be nice if I could sort them, especially now that I found out Wax has made checkboxes for quick cleanup. ^^

#2 09-06-2006 22:00:23

sfox8

Re: Folders for Omails

I was going to try doing this a while back but the way I was going about it was a bit messy and unorganized so yeah, I'd like to see what better ways are possible =3

#3 09-07-2006 04:27:49

Waccoon
Administrator

I don't intend to put any more work into the mailbox system.  My new board will use private messaging as a module, so it will be easier to experiment than with the current system.

#4 09-07-2006 14:11:57

Sadil

So you're going to add PMing as a seperate feature? Or replace the Mailbox system? +Somewhat confused+

#5 09-09-2006 09:17:51

Waccoon
Administrator

By adding private messaging as a module, it will be easier to try out systems with different functionality, as well as borrow code from other forum software (license permitting).  Some forums support PMing like a mailbox so you can create folders.  Some just allow a bunch of messages, like the existing Wacintaki mailbox.  I think the existing mailbox is sufficient for most people, but it will be possible to use different PM modules, if you want something more sophisticated.  Who will develop those more sophisticated systems is the question.  wink

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB