NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 09-30-2005 18:18:03

Kit

images saved with incorrect permission setting

Hiya Waccoon.  Thanks for always helping out with problems on here.  smile

I have a few boards set up sharing a member database.  Everything was working fine for a while, and then my server went down for a day or two.  Now that it's back up, whenever someone creates an image (regardless of which applet they use to draw or which of the three boards it's drawn on) it saves the image with a rw------- permissions setting.  So the images can't be viewed by anyone who is visiting the page.  It saves both thumbnails and actual pics with this setting.  I can go in and change the permissions on each image seperately, but of course that's only a temporary solution.  Do you know what I can do to fix this?

I'm using Wacintaki 1.2.2.

You can find the boards here:

http://www.furkitfox.com/oekaki/general/

Thanks very much.  smile

- Kit

#2 10-01-2005 06:06:21

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: images saved with incorrect permission setting

You may have to reset the CHMOD of the pictures folder.  Sometimes FTP programs will show the wrong number.  CHMOD it to 777, then back to 755 (which is what it should be).  If that doesn't work, do the same thing to each oekaki folder ("practice", "general", etc...)

#3 10-01-2005 13:08:56

Kit

Unfortunately that didn't solve the problem.  sad  Anything else you can think of?

#4 10-01-2005 23:39:02

Waccoon
Administrator

Uh, try setting both the pictures folder and oekaki folder to CHMOD 777 at the same time?  I doubt this will help, but it's worth a try.

I think someone might have changed something in the PHP config file and it has changed how files are shown to the public.  If CHMODing the folders doesn't work, ask your admin if they changed the server so files created by PHP cannot be shown to the public (return a 403 forbidden error).

If nothing else works, I could write up some code that attempts to CHMOD pictures automatically after they are written.  This can have unpredictable behavior, though, so I'd prefer to figure out what your server is doing, first.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB