NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 10-19-2005 22:55:33

PokéJungle

Header problem .-. Help needed ASAP

http://paulhq.com/smeargle/index.php

^That's my new pokemon Oekaki that DOESN'T WORK =O  This script looks so awesome, but can someone tell me what went wrong? <<;

I'm not experienced enough at coding in PHP to fix it =/

Thanks big_smile

++ Visit my Pokémon Oekaki ++

#2 10-20-2005 04:36:55

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Header problem .-. Help needed ASAP

Whoa...  your database is all screwed up.  There's no member, online, or mailbox tables.

You could try to re-install the board on top of itself.  Just copy the install.php file back, and enter all the information again.  The installer shoud recreate any tables that aren't there.

If that doesn't work, you'll have to empty the tables with a database tool like phpMyAdmin, or just delete the database and start over.

If problems persist, I can install it for you with the required info.

#3 10-20-2005 09:11:58

Paul

This is me forgetting to log in <<;  Oops...

Anyways, I'll try re-installing it ^^;

#4 10-20-2005 16:50:01

Syke`

Just installed the board as well and got the exact same errors.  Reinstalled it and got the same.

#5 10-20-2005 18:46:55

Paul

...same error.

Help ;~;  I need this up by tonight~  Is there a script error of some kind now...?

#6 10-21-2005 06:42:31

Waccoon
Administrator

I don't get it.  Those kinds of errors occur when the tables either don't exist or aren't responding correctly.  Some tables exist and others don't.  Did you get any messages in the installer after you submit all the install information?

Do you have access to a database tool like phpMyAdmin?

I'm afraid I'm only available between 3am to 6am most nights, so this might not be working until the weekend.

Wax Poteto probably won't work, either, as it makes the databases the same way as Wacintaki.

#7 10-21-2005 22:13:44

Paul

install.php created NO tables -.-;  I just checked on phpMyAdmin <<;

#8 10-22-2005 05:15:41

Waccoon
Administrator

Check your MySQL security permissions.  If you create a user specifically for your OP database, the default permissions may only allow you to create tables manually, rather than allowing the script to do it for you (some SQL commands may be disabled).

This shouldn't be too hard if your server has some admin software like CPanel.  Doing this directly in SQL is tricky.

Also, once the database issue is sort out, make sure the "URL to Oekaki Poteto" is correct.  When I tried to register, the e-mail I got pointed to the root of your website, rather than the /oekaki folder.  The installer tries to guess this URL, but sometimes it doesn't work because some Apache servers are kinda weird and don't give the required information to Wacintaki.

#9 10-22-2005 11:38:06

PokéJungle

Ok...I'm getting this message:

Starting to set up database...
Finished setting up database..

It doesn't create any tables in the installation <<;  I'll go try to install Wax Poteto

#10 10-23-2005 07:53:01

Syke`

Got the same message and I've successfully installed several database driven programs in the past.  Checked phpmyadmin and it shows nothing was created, but the script shows that it ran the process.

#11 10-23-2005 19:44:17

Waccoon
Administrator

Try this new installer:  Install for 1.2.4

This one will actually give you error messages if something goes wrong.  :s

#12 10-23-2005 22:27:40

PokéJungle

Wrote database config file...
Wrote config file...

Wrote base “resource” folder files...

Starting to set up database...
No database selected [members]
No database selected [admin]
No database selected [chat]
No database selected [comment]
No database selected [data]
No database selected [online]
No database selected [mailbox]
No database selected [misc]
No database selected [chat_mod]
No database selected [chat_mod_users]
No database selected [piccount]
No database selected [dbversion]
Finished setting up database...

Now I'm getting that @______________@;  Which I'm really confused ... the db user has all privileges, and I put down a valid mySQL db too.

#13 10-24-2005 00:23:52

Waccoon
Administrator

I don't get it.  This means PHP can connect to MySQL and logs in properly, but just can't find a valid database.  The "no database selected" error comes directly from MySQL, not from Wacintaki.

Is the capitalization of your database name correct?  Is your "Database Prefix" or "Member Database Prefix" blank?  If you open up the "dbconn.php" file in a text editor, are any of the variables blank?

#14 10-24-2005 13:55:14

Kapi

Hi, hate to but in but I'm getting the same error as well. Although the dbuser is set with full rights, the oekaki is not building tables. I'm probably missing something simple but on the off chance do you have blank tables that I can maunally ad or a mock up of what they should look like? I hope I'm making sense. thanks for your time.

#15 10-24-2005 20:37:07

PokéJungle

Ok ... no empty spots on dbconn.php ~  I put "smeargle" for the db and "***_canvas" for the user 0o;  [*** is my CPanel prefix]  Should I put "***_smeargle" for the db?

#16 10-25-2005 03:58:50

Waccoon
Administrator

@PokéJungle:  Possibly.  I've heard CPanel automatically puts on extensions and can cause some confusion.  You don't really have to re-install the board.  Just change the value of $dbname in the dbconn.php file, if that's easier.  On my server, I have to put the CPanel prefix before both the database user and database name.

@Kapi:  I must admit I messed up the installer for 1.2.4, as it has one of the debug flags turned on.  Use this new installer.  I updated the archive on Sunday.  Sorry for the mix-up.

#17 10-25-2005 07:03:03

Syke

It LIVES!

#18 10-25-2005 22:43:09

PokéJungle

Wow!  big_smile

...that's all I had to do XD  Weird though; because when I added the prefix in the install.php, it wouldn't work 0o;

Thanks for all the help!  ^_______________________^

#19 11-10-2005 23:53:12

Chiri

My board is getting the same errors as the other users, but I tried the suggested solutions and they wouldn't work. I put the whole DB name but it still wouldn't generate tables.. hmm

#20 11-11-2005 01:43:29

Chiri

Oops. Please ignore the previous post. Turns out I forgot to assign the user to the DB.. ^^; Sorry..

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB