NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 03-08-2009 14:57:48

madaraki

"Incompatible magic value 1008813135" Error?

Hi, I just installed wacintaki. I got my board all set up, but when I tried to draw something on Shipainter, problems appeared (same with paintbbs).

Java did load alright. But instead of the oekaki applet, all I saw was white and a small "Error. click for details" message in the left upper corner.
Here's what's in the java console:

Code:

java.lang.ClassFormatError: Incompatible magic value 1008813135 in class file c/ShiPainter
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadCode(Unknown Source)
    at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager.createApplet(Unknown Source)
    at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager$AppletExecutionRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Exception: java.lang.ClassFormatError: Incompatible magic value 1008813135 in class file c/ShiPainter
java.lang.ClassFormatError: Incompatible magic value 1008813135 in class file pbbs/PaintBBS
    at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager$AppletExecutionRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
Exception: java.lang.ClassFormatError: Incompatible magic value 1008813135 in class file pbbs/PaintBBS
java.lang.ClassFormatError: Incompatible magic value 1008813135 in class file pbbs/PaintBBS
Exception: java.lang.ClassFormatError: Incompatible magic value 1008813135 in class file pbbs/PaintBBS

What should I do?

#2 03-09-2009 02:17:43

Rage

Re: "Incompatible magic value 1008813135" Error?

Try reuploding spainter_all.jar and PaintBBS.jar.

#3 03-09-2009 05:51:27

Waccoon
Administrator

Wow, I have no idea.  I saw this before with JTablet support in ChibiPaint, but that only affected ChibiPaint.

I'll assume for a second that you're using a PC.  If you go into Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs, "Java" should be listed somewhere in there.  Do you only see one version, or are there multiple installs?  If there are multiples, you may have to uninstall all of them, and then install the newest version from wwwJava.com.  In the past, I've had issues where Java will not update properly after an update, resulting in multiple versions being installed at once.  Java can be very annoying at times.

#4 03-09-2009 11:29:49

madaraki

Thanks for the tips!

The problem is now solved: I found out that the website host I was using didn't support .jar files at all. I mass-uploaded the files with my ftp program and didn't notice that it ignored the .jar files completely. No wonder java didn't run the oekaki.

Moved the board to another host now and it works perfectly!

#5 09-05-2009 06:46:15

Sammi_Sharkie

I have this problem, but my host has actually got the jar files in the FTP...
All the other boards work but PaintBBS (With and without the palette) just won't work. =/

I'm trying to sort out Java but it's getting a little confusing with what I should be deleting and such; Update 15 was installed before update 7 on my PC =/

#6 09-05-2009 22:39:29

Waccoon
Administrator

Hmm... this is even worse.  I can understand ShiPainter not working, because that applet requires multiple resource files.  PaintBBS only requires one file, so that applet not working is strange.

Do you know if the "magic value" you're getting is also 1008813135?  A copy of the error in the Java Console would help.  Most browsers include a link to the Java Console buried somewhere in the "Tools" menu.  If not, you can also access it by right-clicking on the Java icon in the Windows system tray next to the clock, and selecting "Open [version] Console".

#7 09-09-2009 11:47:55

Sammi_Sharkie

It seems strange since my Oekaki was working fine for months and now it's suddenly stopped.
It is the same value, but here it is anyway:

Java Plug-in 1.6.0_16
Using JRE version 1.6.0_16-b01 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
User home directory = C:\Users\Saizuki Sammikku
----------------------------------------------------
c:   clear console window
f:   finalize objects on finalization queue
g:   garbage collect
h:   display this help message
l:   dump classloader list
m:   print memory usage
o:   trigger logging
q:   hide console
r:   reload policy configuration
s:   dump system and deployment properties
t:   dump thread list
v:   dump thread stack
x:   clear classloader cache
0-5: set trace level to <n>
----------------------------------------------------

java.lang.ClassFormatError: Incompatible magic value 1008813135 in class file c/ShiPainter
Exception: java.lang.ClassFormatError: Incompatible magic value 1008813135 in class file c/ShiPainter

I made a new oekaki which was running well for less than a week before this occured there as well.
Thanks for the reply C:

#8 09-10-2009 01:59:36

Waccoon
Administrator

Okay, so both PaintBBS and ShiPainter are not working, right?

The "magic number" is what tells Java that the file is the correct version.  This could be a caching issue.  The first thing to try is to clear your Java cache.  I'll assume for a moment that you're using a Windows computer.  Go to the Windows control panel and select "Java".  When the Java control panel shows up, go to the "General" tab, and under "Temporary Internet Files" click "Settings", then click "Delete Files".  Try using the applet again.

Do you have JTablet installed?  That adds pressure sensitivity to the applets if you have a Wacom tablet.  If you have JTablet, try re-installing it.

You could try re-uploading the JAR files, but if you have multiple boards and they all stopped working, then the JAR files are probably not corrupt.  Are you the only one on your board who is having problems with the applets?

As a last resort, try using a different CHMOD number for the JAR files in the oekaki folder.  Instead of 644, try 744.  I'm just grasping at straws, here, but it's worth a try.  If you started having trouble all of a sudden, then it's possible the server is not sending the JAR file properly due to an update to your server's security policy.  Java has a weird set of verification rules when downloading JAR files and talking to servers, and some servers just don't like that.

#9 09-10-2009 14:30:42

Sammi_Sharkie

Yep, all three applets aren't working.
I tried to delete the temporary internet files and that didn't seem to solve the problem.
I'm not sure about Jtablet but I don't have a Wacom tablet so I proabably don't have that.
I have already tried re-uploading too, it doesn't seem to do anything at all.
I'm using 755 CHMOD on all of the oekaki files, to my knowledge there isn't anything that hasn't got full accessibility on the FTP.

What I have noticed is that the errors start appearing along with hyperlinks that are attached to random words and some pop ups occur. Perhaps the hyperlinks and popups are messing with the JAR files?
I'm just guessing here.

P.S: Thanks for your replies smile

#10 09-10-2009 14:34:54

Sammi_Sharkie

Hi, sorry just tried changing the CHMOD to 744 (they were 644 before) but the error still occurs.
I'll try changing it to something more accessible and get back to you.

#11 09-10-2009 14:39:17

Sammi_Sharkie

Okay just tried changing the CHMOD value of the JAR and JS files to 755 and no prevail.

#12 09-11-2009 02:00:49

Waccoon
Administrator

What I have noticed is that the errors start appearing along with hyperlinks that are attached to random words and some pop ups occur. Perhaps the hyperlinks and popups are messing with the JAR files?
I'm just guessing here.

Bingo!  I've seen this happen with applet animation data.  Ad banners will automatically insert themselves as binary streams into any file types that the server does not recognize.  So, if the server doesn't know what a "PCH" file is, it will tack an ad banner to it.  Hence, animation data gets corrupted, and won't play.  I actually have this information in the manual, but I didn't think any web host would do this to the actual Java files, too.

It wouldn't surprise me if ad banners are being inserted directly into the JAR files.  So few people run Java applets off their web pages these days, the server probably doesn't have a registered MIME type for JAR.  It would also explain why this has happened all of a sudden, and affects all your boards.

If you can provide me with a link to your board, I can check this.

If that's what's happening, you would have to contact your system administrator and let them know that your site needs support for JAR files.  There wouldn't be anything else we can do.

#13 09-11-2009 04:54:04

Sammi_Sharkie

Ah that's a relief I thought I'd have to try another host ^^;

wwwbcs-ds.orgfree.com/oekaki - First Oekaki that stopped working after a few months
wwwbcsds.orgfree.com/oekaki - Second Oekaki that stopped after a matter of days

Thanks so much for your help, I'll see what I can ask from the administrators smile

#14 09-12-2009 04:56:00

Waccoon
Administrator

Ah, crud.  This is OrgFree.com.

OrgFree requires an HTTP referrer to download any files.  Java does not send referrers like a web browser does, so Java cannot download the JAR files properly from the server.

Someone else was having this problem, too, but they just said the applet wouldn't load at all, not that there was a "magic value" error.

The end result is still the same: you have to contact the administrator and ask them to make an exception for JAR files, so that they can be downloaded properly by Java.  Whether they will be willing to make this exception is anyone's guess.  Referrers are a way to prevent people from leeching bandwidth from their servers, so they may not want to turn them off -- for any reason.  I don't know.  So few people use JAR files on their web sites, they may make an exception.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB