NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 12-21-2005 16:03:54

Anarki

Template problems

My friend and I have our own oekaki together, I just put it up last night. However, in the template section on the actual site it says the following:

Current Template:  Failsafe 

How do I fix this problem?

#2 12-22-2005 04:13:49

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Template problems

That's odd.  This normally happens if the board cannot build a template file, and the templates folder is writable.

This could mean that there is a syntax error in one of the template files, which may be due to a bad upload.  Try deleting the template you're using and re-uploading it.

If that doesn't work, give me a link to your board and I'll see what I can figure out.

#3 12-25-2005 11:32:04

Anarki

Thank you :3 it worked, but now I have another problem with the board, animations don't work. I uploaded the banner ad fixer thing. So I know it's not the ads on the page.

#4 12-25-2005 20:54:32

Waccoon
Administrator

Whether the banner ad fix works or not depends how paranoid the server admins are about security.  Sometimes they disable .htaccess file support.  Also, it only works for Apache servers, not IIS or Abyss.

Give me a link and I'll check it out.

#5 12-26-2005 09:13:50

Anarki

#6 12-26-2005 23:04:14

Waccoon
Administrator

Ah, 100WebSpace.com.

I'm afraid the banner ads cannot be stripped from the animation data on that host with .htaccess files.

Another person contacted the 100WebSpace admins, and the admins said .htaccess files function normally.  I don't think this is true.  If it is, than registering MIME types for animation data isn't enough.  You'd have to ask the admins to disable banner ads on the "OEB" and "PCH" file types.

#7 12-27-2005 22:27:05

Anarki

Oh alright, thank you.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB