NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 05-26-2011 13:27:19

nawazm007

I have had multiple requests for a warning for navigating away from a

I have had multiple requests for a warning for navigating away from a drawing page, is there any way to do this so that you can't accidentally navigate away from the page, but still not get the warning upon a submit? I feel really bad when people come to me with things like this when they've worked for 2+ hours on something, only to lose it by accidentally navigating away from the page.

[Edit]POSSIBLY every time they navigate away from the page, it saves a temp picture for x amount of days in a safety folder, that way it can be recovered, and autoprune after so long?

Maybe a hacks option?

#2 05-27-2011 07:02:50

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: I have had multiple requests for a warning for navigating away from a

Sorry, but no.  The warning is to prevent people from accidentally closing the browser window, and that "warning" that pops up is handled directly by the browser.  I can't stop the warning from popping up, and in some browsers, I can't even change what the warning says.  All I can tell the browser is, "if the window is being closed, interrupt it."  What happens from there is up to the web browser.

That's why there's an option to turn the warning off.  It does its job, but not very well or intuitively.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB