NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 12-27-2005 23:15:04

sfox8

Simple question about templates

Well obviously I'm old fashioned and outdated XD
I was looking at the code for Wacintaki and I wanted to do some changing and stuff but it seems a lot harder because of the way things are set up in the header.php and index.php and stuff. So I took a look at the template file for Banana and it has the same stuff like Wax did, just with different names and more useful. Like postmain, postheader, postinfo etc. I tested out the stuff under the "Content" section of Wacintaki by using "<div class="postmain">" and it works and it shows what it's supposed to. But when I try to do the same thing with something in the Header section of the template file, it doesnt show. (i.e. <div class="menubar">). So I tried copying those to the content section and it stilldoesnt work. I also tried copying the code for postmain and just changed the name to posttest and it doesnt show. Is there a reason for this? It seems that it won't allow me to create anything that wasnt in the default for the template.

This isn't really a bug I'm sure, its just a question that I would like to know before I head any farther into adding MODs to Wacintaki ^^;

#2 12-28-2005 05:25:04

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Simple question about templates

CSS is pretty tricky to work with.

The problem you're having is likely the difference between class selectors and ID selectors.  If there's a hash in front of a CSS statement, that means it will work with IDs:

Code:

#menubar {
}

---

<div id="menubar">

Technically, there can only be one ID per page.

If there is a dot before the statement, it will work with classes:

Code:

.menubar {
}

---

<div class="menubar">

Classes can be used on more tags than IDs, but there can be some inheritance and compatibility issues.  I haven't quite figured it all out, myself.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB