NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 01-14-2006 12:57:44

DianaLW

Please help me! I'm not sure what this means...

I'm way new to owning/running an oekaki, so please forgive me if I say stupid things or don't know stuff..

OK, I've found a server that meets all the requirements as far as I know, funpic.com, and it really seemed to work just as the instructions said it would during installation. The webpage is http://dianalw.di.funpic.org/oekaki/index.php and it's working somewhat. I only have the basic basic basics up right now because I like to start with that and then grow on it...

However, I keep getting a Warning message like "mysql_(something): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in (php file)". Does this mean my server's MySQL is the problem? Or do I have to edit the .php files? If you go to the webpage you'll see what I mean...

Also, I think it's having a problem with logging me in.

EDIT: Ooops, sorry, forgot to say I'm using version 1.2.5 and it's a fresh install.

Last edited by DianaLW (01-14-2006 13:03:55)

#2 01-14-2006 14:34:39

sfox8

Re: Please help me! I'm not sure what this means...

Okay, I'm not sure if I put this in the oekaki hosts topic but when using funpic.org you need to activate mysql by yourself i believe. you just go to your panel and then go to mysql and activate it. a lot of people forget that. I'm not sure if you did or not but just make sure it's active ^^;

#3 01-14-2006 16:50:14

DianaLW

Wow, don't I feel dumb. Excuse my stupidity (I saw the button on "Activate" and assumed that meant it WAS activated, not that it needed to be). Anyways, I did that, but now it says "Could not connect to the MySQL" database. x_x

I'm on AIM, byakko koneko, almost all the time except for dinner (6:30ish-7:30ish) if that would be an easier way to contact me...

EDIT: Found the problem with "Could not connect to the MySQL", but the page still shows the "mysql_(something): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in (php file)" errors. sad

Last edited by DianaLW (01-14-2006 17:56:35)

#4 01-14-2006 20:00:04

Waccoon
Administrator

mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource

This happens when the board tries to collect information from the database, and no data is returned (no row, so "num_rows" is zero).

You'll have to re-install the board.  I assume the database wasn't set up and there's table information missing.

There's no need to remove any files or dump the database.  Just copy install.php back into place an run it again.  Ignore any "duplicate entries" you may get from the installer when it sets up the database.

If that doesn't work, I can help you get it running.

Edit:  Oh yeah, I don't have AIM.  I check this forum every day, or you can e-mail me.

#5 01-14-2006 22:22:35

DianaLW

This is what the Installation page said:

----

Installation Progress

Wrote database config file...
Wrote config file...

Wrote base “resource” folder files...

Starting to set up database...

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'dianalw@localhost' (Using password: YES) in /usr/export/www/hosting/dianalw/oekaki/dbconn.php on line 10
Could not connect to the MySQL database.

-----

I've noticed that all the errors seem to be coming from /usr - does that mean anything?

#6 01-15-2006 05:36:57

Waccoon
Administrator

I've noticed that all the errors seem to be coming from /usr - does that mean anything?

Nope.  That's just the local path to your website.  Only your system administrator need care about that.

The problem is that the database isn't accepting your name or password.  Bear in mind that some control panels that set up your database may add a prefix without telling you.  For example, if I create a database called "my_db" on my server, it is automatically prefixed with [a clipped version of] my account name, as follows:  "ninechim_my_db".  The same can happen with your database user name.  On my server, if I create an account named "Marc", the end result would be "ninechim_Marc".

If the control panel for your web site does that, make sure you use the full name, with prefix, when using the installer.

#7 01-15-2006 09:41:30

DianaLW

Thank you! I reset all the passwords and it seems they changed even though I never changed them.. (slight worry about that.) Anyways, I re-installed and now it's working perfectly. Thank you so much!! ^___^

#8 01-15-2006 09:51:21

sfox8

I've updated the funpic section in the oekaki host list just incase that happens to someone else ^^;

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB