NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 07-09-2012 07:55:32

AlexTheWinner

ChibiPaint not working: Can't draw on canvas. Help!!!

Um. I have a problem with Chibi Paint. You see, after a few usages of Shi Painter Pro, I used Chibi Paint to find out that no matter what I do, I can't draw on the canvas with any brush. I tried some methods, but they don't work. I tried using another browser, but it still didn't work.
Now I'm stuck with Shi Painter Pro. sad(

#2 07-10-2012 04:33:13

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: ChibiPaint not working: Can't draw on canvas. Help!!!

Wow, that's odd.  Usually ShiPainter causes issues, because it needs more than one file from the server.  ChibiPaint is fully contained in one file, so this doesn't sound like a permissions issue.

If this is your own oekaki, I assume you have a copy of the Wacintaki ZIP file.  Open it up, and copy ChibiPaint.jar to your desktop and run it.  Unlike ShiPainter, ChibiPaint will work as a stand-alone programs without the need for a web browser (although you can't save pictures).  See if you can draw when it's running locally.  If not, Java is messed up, and you may have to re-install it.

Failing that, or if this isn't your own oekaki, give me a link to the oekaki and I'll try it out.  I presume it will work just fine for me, but I'll try it anyway.

#3 07-12-2012 06:56:38

AlexTheWinner

Well, I think it only does this on my computer, but here: oekaki.bulbagarden.net

Thank you for helping me out! smile)

#4 07-13-2012 03:42:26

Waccoon
Administrator

Alas, it seems to be working fine for me.

If you're using a Mac, be aware that Java software doesn't always work correctly.

If you use a PC, I know that ATI/AMD graphics cards have had issues supporting Java in the past, especially on WindowsXP.  I had a whole ton of issues a few years ago, such as getting a blank screen where the applet was supposed to be.  It might be related to the graphics card.  You may also need to get a new/updated version of Java.  Perhaps re-installing it might help.

#5 07-13-2012 10:38:01

AlwxTheWinner

It worked! Thank you so much!

#6 07-18-2012 08:35:33

AlexTheWinner

Well, I installed Jtablet, then the same problem came: I can no longer draw on the canvas. Again. I tried re-installing Java, but it doesn't work.
I uninstalled Jtablet, but that didn't work. Awww...

#7 07-20-2012 03:00:56

Waccoon
Administrator

Oh, wait... I recall hearing that there was some kind of problem between JTablet and ChibiPaint, where every time you update Java, you have to re-install JTablet to get it to work.  JTablet is pretty fussy.  It's just that in your case, simply installing JTablet is giving you problems.

I don't think I can be of any help, but take a look at the JTablet troubleshooting guide.

#8 07-20-2012 22:46:32

AlexTheWinner

I don't see any changes... Aww. I guess I can no longer use ChibiPaint then. Aww... sad Thanks for helping me out! You've really tried hard!

#9 06-13-2013 00:53:24

Cay

Hai Everyone, I'm new to Chibipaint.

This is my problem:

I finally finish the first piece of art I really want to save... The problem is... The file tab is not opening >.<

Therefore I cannot save D:

Please! Anyone out there who knows how to fix it?

I am awaiting your reply!

hmm

#10 06-14-2013 03:35:01

Waccoon
Administrator

Yikes.  I can't say I've ever heard of this before.

I'm afraid I don't know any hotkeys to send the oekaki, but you can try using Alt-F to try and open the file menu via the keyboard rather than the mouse.

If that doesn't work, I think your only option is to take a screenshot.  Assuming you have a PC, move all the ChibiPaint toolbars out of the way and hit the PrintScrn key in the upper-right section of the keyboard.  Then start up another paint utility like MS Paint and do a paste from the Edit menu.  If that doesn't work, you might have to try another paint program (I'm not sure how the new version of MS Paint differs from the older version I have).

#11 07-24-2013 05:14:11

Cay

Hai

Thanks for those ideas smile

I'm going to be using another program.. but its not as good as chibipaint.... D:

Oh well hmm

Cay ^^

Thanks again big_smile

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB