NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 09-28-2013 08:52:06

PokéJungle

Creating Theme

Why is there a php and css file required for a theme?

Do they have overlapping values? I know I made a theme ages ago (and have never changed it), but don't really remember what I did. Because it was literally almost 8 years ago. Wow :p

++ Visit my Pokémon Oekaki ++

#2 09-28-2013 23:33:35

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Creating Theme

You actually only need the CSS file.

What happens is that the PHP file is a template which creates a CSS file.  The CSS file is then used by the oekaki.  If you know how to code in PHP, it makes sorting out the colors a bit easier, but you don't actually need it.

The template system is actually the most antiquated part of the oekaki at this point.  I haven't updated it, since it would render all existing templates incompatible with little benefit in the long run.

#3 11-06-2013 16:09:05

Anael

Hi!
Could you tell how to use only css themes?
But PHP does not come out to select
thank you very much

#4 11-07-2013 06:15:24

Waccoon
Administrator

The best thing to do is to install the board and get it running, then make a copy of one of the CSS files in the templates folder.  Then delete the PHP version of the template.  Make the changes you want to the CSS file and try it out.

Be sure to keep a backup!  If you don't delete the PHP file, it's possible that the oekaki will try to rebuild the template and it will overwrite your new CSS file.

#5 11-07-2013 08:07:20

Anael

<span class="notranslate" onmouseover="_tipon(this)" onmouseout="_tipoff()"><span class="google-src-text" style="direction: ltr; text-align: left"><label>

Waccoon wrote:

The best thing to do is to install the board and get it running, then make a copy of one of the CSS files in the templates folder.</label></span> <label>[Quote = Waccoon] Lo mejor que puedes hacer es instalar la tarjeta y ponerlo en marcha, a continuación, hacer una copia de uno de los archivos CSS en la carpeta de plantillas.</label></span> <span class="notranslate" onmouseover="_tipon(this)" onmouseout="_tipoff()"><span class="google-src-text" style="direction: ltr; text-align: left"><label>Then delete the PHP version of the template.</label></span> <label>A continuación, elimine la versión PHP de la plantilla.</label></span> <span class="notranslate" onmouseover="_tipon(this)" onmouseout="_tipoff()"><span class="google-src-text" style="direction: ltr; text-align: left"><label>Make the changes you want to the CSS file and try it out.</label></span> <label>Realice los cambios que desee en el archivo CSS y probarlo.</label></span> <span class="notranslate" onmouseover="_tipon(this)" onmouseout="_tipoff()"><span class="google-src-text" style="direction: ltr; text-align: left"><label>Be sure to keep a backup!</label></span> <label>Asegúrese de mantener una copia de seguridad!</label></span> <span class="notranslate" onmouseover="_tipon(this)" onmouseout="_tipoff()"><span class="google-src-text" style="direction: ltr; text-align: left"><label>If you don't delete the PHP file, it's possible that the oekaki will try to rebuild the template and it will overwrite your new CSS file.

</label></span> <label>Si no se elimina el archivo PHP, es posible que el oekaki tratará de reconstruir la plantilla y que se sobreponen a su nuevo archivo CSS. [/ Quote]</label></span>

Back up the previous thread the CSS but at the time of upload to templates, I do not get on the list to select.
In another rare case, I spent that if he went without PHP CSS if I caught him, but I failed on author, and data from changing workforce.

Thank you very much once again

#6 11-09-2013 02:39:24

Waccoon
Administrator

Sorry, I forgot that if you don't have a PHP version of the template, your template will not show up in the CPanel or Edit Profile.  sad

Making a custom template can be difficult if you don't know how to use PHP.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB