NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 06-21-2016 21:27:22

wiki

HTML5 Chibipaint port, ChickenPaint. Wacintaki integration?

Hi there,

Not sure if any of you came across this: https://github.com/thenickdude/chickenpaint

It's an HTML5 port of Chibipaint to javascript. Quite recent as well. I've been able to get the testbed working, but have yet to intergrate with wacintaki.

I was wondering if any of you might have come across it and got it working inside wacintaki? Any tips?

Thanks.

W

#2 06-25-2016 22:35:29

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: HTML5 Chibipaint port, ChickenPaint. Wacintaki integration?

I came across this a couple months ago, but couldn't get it working at all (at least not with the bundled test example).  I see the project has been updated since then, so I'll take another look.

Edit: Still no luck.  I've been trying to build the project under Linux, but it keeps giving me a build error.  I'll try contacting the author for advice.

Last edited by Waccoon (06-27-2016 00:57:54)

#3 06-29-2016 20:26:42

wiki

I think i probably ran into a similiar issue, something like this? https://github.com/thenickdude/chickenpaint/issues/1

fortunately, running something like that myself i was able to compile chickenpaint and play with it in the testbed. I might suggest giving it a shot if you've not heard from the creator on it.

W

#4 07-21-2016 22:32:05

Waccoon
Administrator

The developer officially fixed this a couple days ago, and I have ChickenPaint up and running.  I'll be adding it to my demo oekaki in the next few days for evaluation.

I don't care too much about features -- if the app is reasonably stable and reliable, it'll probably work its way into Wacintaki soon.  :)

#5 07-29-2016 06:47:20

Waccoon
Administrator

ChickenPaint is go!  Well, it's under evaluation, at least, and currently active on my demo oekakis, DTP and Coonikaki.  If everything proves stable, it will be added to 1.6.4 shortly.

There is one problem.  ChickenPaint allows artists to save an image multiple times while it's being edited, which results in a barrage of WIP images being saved to the server.  This has to be fixed before I'll consider it acceptable to bundle with Wacintaki.  I'll try to make a patch and submit it to Nick (the ChickenPaint developer) for consideration.

#6 08-10-2016 10:22:42

Eruru

I'm looking forward to version 1.6.4

Thank you. smile

#7 08-12-2016 07:11:39

Waccoon
Administrator

Yep... I fixed the problem with ChickenPaint submitting multiple times.  I just have to check with the developer to make sure my change doesn't cause any conflicts with the GPL license used for the app, and then Wacintaki 1.6.4 will be released.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB