NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 03-31-2006 03:42:32

NightFaerie

Banner problem

The other super admin of my oekaki was trying to edit the banner, but couldn't. She tried to edit it through the "Edit Banner" control panel and got this:

Warning: fopen(resource/banner.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/legras/public_html/oekaki/functions.php on line 758

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/legras/public_html/oekaki/functions.php on line 762

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/legras/public_html/oekaki/functions.php:758) in /home/legras/public_html/oekaki/common.php on line 43

Unfortuantly, neither of us know what the problem is and I don't even have a "banner.php" in my resource folder. Could that be the problem?

Thank you!

#2 03-31-2006 05:34:29

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Banner problem

If the banner file doesn't already exist, the resource folder is most likely read-only.  Check the CHMOD number.  You may have to set it to 775 or 777 if 755 doesn't work.  If the folder is set to 777 already, try using 775.  Some servers are fussy about using 777 because it is not secure enough.

If the resource folder is writable (ie, the ban list works fine), then you may have to copy a blank file to the resource folder, name it banner.php, and CHMOD it to 664.  You shouldn't have to do that, though.

#3 04-03-2006 12:35:16

NightFaerie

Re: Banner problem

Thank you very much! I changed the CHMOD number from 755 to 775 and it worked!

Thank you again! <3

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB