NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 04-24-2006 17:39:32

ardy

setting up multiple oekaki boards on the same site

I have seen people set up multiple boards... like a "pro" and "doodle" section... I have wacintaki set up on my server (no mods or anything, standard install), how do I set up multiple boards like this?

#2 04-24-2006 22:20:17

sfox8

Re: setting up multiple oekaki boards on the same site

You need to install another oekaki board in a folder called "doodle" or whatever you want that board to be called. Then run the install file again in that directory. Enter the same information as your main oekaki board but change the prefix from board prefix from op_ to something like do_ and LEAVE the member prefix as op_. This makes it so that your member database is shared through both oekaki boards, so people can login to one board and not have to register for the others.

You also need to have the same Key which is usually "As" by default. If you left that at default upon initial installation then just leave it alone here too.

Enter in the rest of the install info and thats about it! ^^ Do that for however many boards you want.

#3 04-25-2006 03:37:56

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: setting up multiple oekaki boards on the same site

There is one more thing.  Normally, people have to log into each board seperately.  To let people use the same login for each board, open up each "hacks.php" file in the resource folder of each board, and edit this line:

Code:

$cookie_path = '';

There's some directions in the file that tells you what you need to use.  Most of the time if you have your own URL, like, "oekaki.mysite.com", you can use just a single slash ("/").  If you have an account on a free server, such as "www.site.com/account", you should make it "/account/", which ensures that only your web site can access those cookies.  Don't use a single slash!  This is especially important if another account on your server has an oekaki board, too.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB