NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 04-27-2006 03:19:50

TheRayeRaye

not saving?

So I just set it up and no problems. me and my friend both drew pictures, but for some reason neither image showed up. it says it can't find them and they aren't in the save folder. they are 'saving' without tags for some reason. as in no png or jpg after the '.'

any idea where I messed up and how to fix it?

#2 04-27-2006 05:15:17

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: not saving?

I've heard of this before, but I forget what causes it.  Any chance I could have a link?

You do NOT have to delete the pictures!  Once I figure out what the problem is, there's a way to get the file names rebuilt properly.

#3 04-27-2006 09:59:17

TheRayeRaye

oh! sorry! I didn't delete the pictures yet so thats cool then. the link is http://www.bunnzilla.com/oekaki/  thanks

#4 04-28-2006 04:28:54

Waccoon
Administrator

Mmm... it doesn't look like images are saving at all (as opposed to the wrong filename being used).

I've registered, and based on what the applet says when I submit a picture, I'll have a better idea of what's going on.  Do you think you could give me upload permissions, too?  I'll delete all the pictures I post after I'm done.

#5 05-01-2006 00:32:18

Waccoon
Administrator

Your server has Safe Mode turned on.  Among other things, that will prevent a PHP script from writing files properly.

If you have access the the server, you'll need to open the "php.ini" file and change the Safe Mode setting to Off.

If you don't have access to the server, you MIGHT be able to get it working by CHMODing all the folders to a lower security level, such as 776 or 777.  Test that on the pictures folder before you change the CHMOD numbers for the other folders that have to be writable.  You could also ask the admin to turn on the php.ini setting "safe_mode_gid", which only lifts restrictions on writing files, not all the other security "benifits" of safe mode.

#6 05-01-2006 01:04:08

TheRayeRaye

ok thanks! I'll look into that!

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB