NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 05-05-2006 19:40:58

Eka

filesize() error when viewing ShiPainter Pro Animation

As topic said, when I click on the ShiPainter Pro Animation in my Oekaki I run into this line.

"Warning: filesize() [function.filesize]: stat failed for pictures/OP_34.pch in /home/aryion/public_html/oekaki/viewanis.php on line 43"

in the pop up window. The java will load but the animation won't play.
Any idea what causes this problem?

#2 05-06-2006 06:10:52

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: filesize() error when viewing ShiPainter Pro Animation

This is either the dreaded advertising banner problem, or the MIME-type problem.  Advertising banners mess up the animation data on alsmot all servers.  The MIME-type issue mostly plagues Windows-based servers, because the server will not serve file types it cannot identify.

If you have a Linux server, in the documentation folder of your distribution, there is a file called ".htaccess".  Copy it to your oekaki folder.  This will keep banner ads from screwing up the animation data.

If you have a Windows server, as I suspect, somehow you need to register the ".pch" and ".oeb" animation formats as MIME types, as follows:

Code:

.pch = video/x-pch
.oeb = video/x-oeb

MIME is the standard used by servers to tell what type a file is.  Unfortunately, this is a server configuration issue, so it is something only your system administrator can fix.

#3 05-06-2006 11:16:27

Eka

Waccoon wrote:

This is either the dreaded advertising banner problem, or the MIME-type problem.  Advertising banners mess up the animation data on alsmot all servers.  The MIME-type issue mostly plagues Windows-based servers, because the server will not serve file types it cannot identify.

If you have a Linux server, in the documentation folder of your distribution, there is a file called ".htaccess".  Copy it to your oekaki folder.  This will keep banner ads from screwing up the animation data.

If you have a Windows server, as I suspect, somehow you need to register the ".pch" and ".oeb" animation formats as MIME types, as follows:

Code:

.pch = video/x-pch
.oeb = video/x-oeb

MIME is the standard used by servers to tell what type a file is.  Unfortunately, this is a server configuration issue, so it is something only your system administrator can fix.

Sorry I have not gave more information about my server. I'm running a Fedora core 3 dedicated server with Php 5.13 and Mysql 4.1.16. I do have root access to my server so if it is fixable. It should be ok.

I honestly did not notice this problem because my oekaki board isn't the main feature and my artists have not told me about it. So I did not notice this problem until recently.

About the documentation folder of my distribution... where exactly would that be? ^^;

#4 05-06-2006 16:24:56

Waccoon
Administrator

When you unzip the distro, there's a folder called "documentation".  Not all the older versions of Wacintaki patches have this folder, but all the new packages do.

If you have an older version of Wacintaki, the newest .htaccess file will work just fine with older versions of the BBS.

NOTE:  .htaccess files only work with the Apache web server.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB