NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 05-02-2006 11:12:15

JorickNG

Animation Problems

http://www.neurogalaxy.co.uk/misc/oekaki

I just got Wacintaki Oekaki (it rocks, by the way), but I just have one problem. I can't view animations when I click (View Animation) of a picture (it says the loading of the applet failed or something), and the drawers somehow can't retouch them. (Please do not draw at this Oekaki, it's only opening tomorrow, on Wednesday, also avoid my last-minute notices to the other admins).

Oh, and a question, to make Shi-Painter work, do I just unzip an english version of Shi-Painter? (If possible, please post a link to a site that has it big_smile)

I used the newest version, on this site's products page.

Last edited by JorickNG (05-02-2006 13:08:27)

#2 05-03-2006 06:40:51

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Animation Problems

Well, I can see that your server isn't sending some types of files correctly.  It looks like PHP is parsing the Java files!  It shouldn't do that.

Upload the file "PCHViewer.jar" in the "shipainter" folder again.  Do the same with "spainter_all.jar".  Make sure your FTP program is in binary mode when you do this, although any decent FTP program should do it right.

If that still doesn't work, try uploading this custom htaccess file into your oekaki folder, which will hopefully tell your server what a Java file is.  I'm not sure that would help, though, since people seem to be able to draw just fine with PaintBBS.  If this htaccess file does not work, then remove it to prevent some other potential problems.

#3 05-03-2006 08:23:51

JorickNG

Yup, that file completely worked! Thanks!

Last edited by JorickNG (05-03-2006 08:30:10)

#4 05-04-2006 04:39:45

Waccoon
Administrator

Well, I'm glad of course, but you might want to tell the admin that either there are a few problems with the MIME types being used by the server, or PHP is somehow configured to parse JAR files, which is not good.

Tip:  If you have similar problems with other pages on your site, you may upload that .htaccess file into ANY folder on your server that hosts a Java applet.

#5 06-26-2006 11:31:36

Natasha

mine still aren't working and i've tried this file and reuploaded those files. hmm  i'm pretty sure my server allows .htaccess files because there's one (that i didn't create) in my main directory that by looking at the code i can guess deals with letting certain sites that i set hotlink images.  so i dunno what else to do  here.  it's annoying 'cause i know it's just my board and nothing to do with my browser, i can see animations just fine on other boards hmm    i've also changed all possible permissions to 777 just in case and nothing seems to work.  is there anything else or do i have to like start my board over again or something?

#6 06-26-2006 11:36:35

Natasha

sorry to double post it won't let me edit heh.

i'm using wacintaki version 1.3.0 new install

http://oekaki.foxyfridays.com/

#7 06-27-2006 02:51:02

Waccoon
Administrator

Animations work just fine for me, for both PaintBBS and ShiPainter.

If you recently re-uploaded the Java files to the server (".JAR" files), you may have to clear your web browser cache before the new applets will work.  If that doesn't work, you may have to clear the Java cache.  Open up your Windows control panel, find the Java CP, and after opening it, look for the "Delete Temporary Files" button.  This is a pain, of course, but Java screws up its cache occasionally just like most web browsers do.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB