NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 07-07-2006 19:04:13

Fushi

~Not able to Upload Files~

<<<When I try to submit a picture a popup appears:

"Transfer Error.  Take a Screenshot of your image before trying again."

What is wrong? D:

Here's my oekaki: http://www.divine-light.net/oekaki

AND

When I try and upload an avatar this comes up:

Warning: fopen(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid/gid is 10106/10106 is not allowed to access /mounted-storage/home17b/sub003/sc19148-YQVB/divine-light.net/oekaki/avatars owned by uid/gid 99/99 in /mounted-storage/home17b/sub003/sc19148-YQVB/divine-light.net/oekaki/edit_avatar.php on line 115

Warning: fopen(avatars/c0934d95d42addc4abbd09713f504511.gif): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /mounted-storage/home17b/sub003/sc19148-YQVB/divine-light.net/oekaki/edit_avatar.php on line 115
File did not upload properly. Try again.

AND

When I tried to upload an image it said this:

Could not write uploaded image. Check file permissions for picture #4.>>>

I have no trouble getting the banner, notice and templates to work. I can make new ones just fine. It won't however, let me use an image as a background on a template. It shows up white when I use a link.

I just cannot send pictures, upload pictures, upload avatars...etc. The o-mail works fine however.

I'm being hosted at servage and registered at registerfly.com

I'm not sure what is wrong with it.

I believe I CHMOD'd everything correctly. D:

#2 07-08-2006 16:01:35

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: ~Not able to Upload Files~

Safe Mode is a pain.  In my opinion, no hosting company should ever use it.  The short answer for fixing this is that folders must have the same GroupID as PHP for them to be writable.  This cannot be done via FTP, and requires some file shuffling and a custom PHP script.  If you don't mind giving me your login, I can fix it.

The CHMOD doesn't work, because this is actually a CHOWN issue.  UNIX has quite a few ways to handle security.  Most servers do not use PHP's Safe Mode, so most people don't have to go through this extra effort.  Lucky you.  smile

As for the background image, what are you using?  You may only use image names, and the files have to be located in the templates folder.  You cannot use abolute URLs, such as "http://www.server.com/image.gif".  You must copy the image to the templates folder and just use "image.gif".

#3 07-09-2006 23:06:49

Fushi

Re: ~Not able to Upload Files~

I e-mailed the login to you. ^^

Thankyou so much! ;0;

Last edited by Fushi (07-09-2006 23:11:38)

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB