NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 09-03-2006 22:52:18

China

I'm either Locked out or errors with functions.php

Decided to start my own thread instead of hi-jack.  ^^;  I have a fresh install of Wacintaki.

So I decided to try out the birthday mod, but I couldn't get it to work by using the Edit Notice section alone.  So I directly edited the notice.php and the mod worked, but my Edit Banner page has me locked out.  I've tried CModding and everything.

Like I said previously in another thread (anon), then I tried to delete notice.php.  I can enter Edit Banner now, but not without errors.  The Banner section works but with an error reading:

Warning: fopen(resource/notice.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/jinx/public_html/oekaki/functions.php on line 810

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/jinx/public_html/oekaki/functions.php on line 814

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/jinx/public_html/oekaki/functions.php:810) in /home/jinx/public_html/oekaki/common.php on line 78

Like I said, it works, but it gives me an error page reading that.  Now the Notice section is completely unuasable.  When I edit the Notices, it gives me this:

Warning: fopen(resource/notice.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/jinx/public_html/oekaki/functions.php on line 810

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/jinx/public_html/oekaki/functions.php on line 812

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/jinx/public_html/oekaki/functions.php on line 814

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/jinx/public_html/oekaki/functions.php:810) in /home/jinx/public_html/oekaki/common.php on line 78

So then I try to make a blank notice.php file with the appropriate CHMOD (664) and I still recieve this error:

resource/notice.php is locked! View Readme.txt for help.

Any help is appreciated.

#2 09-04-2006 02:20:13

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: I'm either Locked out or errors with functions.php

Sometimes if the resource folder is locked, but files in that folder are CHMOD correclty, old files may appear to work fine, but new files cannot be created.  Wacintaki comes with a tool to check locked folders and files.

Log into your oekaki as an owner, and view "testinfo.php".  It will give you a list of files that must be writable, and tell you which ones are not.  That'll give us an idea of how your oekaki is set up right now, and what to do.

Since the resource folder is uploaded via FTP, it should have a CHMOD of 775, but don't change it unless testinfo says it is locked.  Most files in the resource folder should be 644, since they are created by the script.  If you manually delete/re-upload any of those files, they must have group permissions to be writable, and therefore should have a CHMOD of 664.

Basicly, the middle digit is what counts.  Files created by PHP use higher security by default, and you may have trouble changing those permissions via FTP.  If you upload files to your server with an FTP program, lower security is required for PHP to use them.

#3 09-04-2006 12:08:03

China

./pictures/  Locked 
./templates/  Locked 
./resource/  Locked 
./avatars/  OK 
./config.php  OK 
./dbconn.php  OK 
./resource/banner.php  OK 
./resource/hosts.txt  OK 
./resource/ips.txt  OK 
./resource/notice.php  Locked 
./resource/rules.php  OK 

That's what I recieved from testinfo.php.  If I delete the notice.php it will tell me it's "Missing." 

I upload all my files via FTP.  I checked the CHMOD on the resource folder, I think it was set to "755" so I changed it to "775" but still no go.  I made sure notice.php was set to 664 but it refuses to let me in.

So you are saying I should manually delete files using my server's web browser and change their permissions that way?  If so, which files?

[EDIT]
OK, so the problem was actually worse than I feared.  Draw was locking people out.  I quickly changed the CHMODs on the web server thanks to your suggestion, and it worked!  Thanks a lot. smile  Unfortunately my server doesn't know what a "5" is because I can't set any CHMODs to it.  Here's what I ultimately changed my files to if you don't mind checking:

./pictures 777
./templates/  777
./resource/  777
./avatars/  755
./config.php  644
./dbconn.php  644
./resource/banner.php  644 
./resource/hosts.txt  644 
./resource/ips.txt  644 
./resource/notice.php  776 
./resource/rules.php  644

Last edited by China (09-04-2006 22:47:01)

#4 09-07-2006 04:46:07

Waccoon
Administrator

Hmm... I find it odd that 664 doesn't work for the notice.  Your server must have an extra security setting somewhere.  Try setting it to 774, which reduces public permissions a bit (meaning, other people on the web server, not the "Internet" public).  If that doesn't work, use what you have right now.

#5 09-07-2006 18:30:47

China

Okay, thanks again!  (664 works, I was just panicing)

Last edited by China (09-07-2006 18:34:08)

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB