NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 09-10-2006 04:31:19

bakaneko

Downloading the CSS of a template

How would I go about downloading/uploading a new template?

My friend can change it, and I think I can, we just need to know how to actually download and upload. Thanks big_smile

#2 09-12-2006 15:53:29

Pinkie

Re: Downloading the CSS of a template

Pressuming your host supports FTP (file transfer protocol), you can upload and download files using that:

tutorial: http://www.pichusworld.jkaizer.net/ftp.shtml

They're located in the /templates/ folder of your oekaki. Dowload one to your pc, change it's file name and edit the HEX codes (look them up on the net), and other details via notepad (pressumign you run on Windows). Then re-uplaod via FTP.

#3 09-13-2006 03:45:12

Waccoon
Administrator

Wacintaki templates are written using CSS and PHP.  Open up one of the templates in a text editor ("Banana.php" or "Classic.php" are good places to start), and just change the CSS properties, without modifying the PHP code at the top.  PHP variables can be used to make repetitive tasks easier.  You'll see a lot of properties that look like "<?=$variable?>".  Every time you see this, the contents of $variable will be printed into the template.  For this to work, there must be no space between the <? and the equals sign.  When using PHP tags, the equals sign is a shortcut for the "print" command in PHP.

Also, every time you upload a new PHP template to your server, you must delete the corrosponding CSS file.  The CSS files are generated automatically from the PHP files.

#4 09-14-2006 10:21:24

bakaneko

Gotcha. One thing.. My oekaki folder is probably on your computer, since you uploaded it.. How can I access it? |D

#5 09-15-2006 07:35:04

Waccoon
Administrator

Hmm... I just realized FunPic got rid of their web-based file manager.  That sucks.

You'll have to use FTP to access the files on the FunPic server (they certainly aren't on MY computer).  Whenever you modify a file, that's where you'll have to upload them.

Pinkie's FTP tutorial is pretty good, so take a look at that to figure out how to install and set up the FTP software.  I'll e-mail your account information to you.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB