NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 03-12-2006 18:31:05

Myuureon

What the flip is wrong with this?

Errmm....there are three wierd errors we keep recieving on the oekaki when we try to submit our drawn pictures, in any of the art programs.The first error(made in ShiPainter Pro!) reads:

Server returned HTTP Response Code: 403 for URL: http://www.galeofdarkness.net/oekaki2/o … dittimes=1   
SendE

The second error(made in OekakiBBS!) reads:

Image data transfer error. Please try again.

The last error(made in PaintBBS!) says something about this wierd 403 Forbidden Error.

I currently use Waccon Poteto 5.5.5, my oekaki is located at http://www.galeofdarkness.net/oekaki2/oekaki

What's up with this?Please reply A.S.A.P.

#2 03-13-2006 03:36:53

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: What the flip is wrong with this?

A 403 error is when the server doesn't want to grant permission to do something.  So, for some reason, the server won't let the applets save the pictures.

I noticed that picture "5.png" has a filesize of zero.  Try deleting that image from the pictures folder (re-upload the JPG if you like).  Also, try setting the CHMOD of the pictures folder to 777, just in case something happened to the server and 755 isn't working.  The permissions of the pictures folder is less likely, though, as Wax regularly tests the writability of that folder.

If you can, take a look at the server's PHP error log.  There might be more information in there.

If problems persist, I'll register and see if I can draw something.

#3 03-13-2006 10:44:35

Myuureon

Errr....it still doesn't work T_T

#4 03-14-2006 05:23:20

Waccoon
Administrator

OK, I submit a registration, I just need to be approved and then I'll try to draw something.

When the failure occurs will give me a better idea of what's going wrong.

#5 03-15-2006 22:15:31

Myuureon

Yer accepted big_smile

#6 03-16-2006 04:13:02

Waccoon
Administrator

What the...  the 403 error is coming from the picture saving code itself, not from the pictures folder.

Make sure that CHMOD numbers of the scripts is correct.  The getoekakibbs.php, shiget.php, and paintbbsget.php files should be 644.  If this just suddenly happend one day, it's possible that the admins did something to the server.

What happens when you try to upload files?  I can see you're still able to update the notice, so the oekaki folder itself is writable.

If all else fails, I could login via FTP and see if I can get it to work.  Don't panic -- reinstallation is't required when things like this happen.  It's just that things like this usually happen to the config files, not the picture saving code.

#7 03-16-2006 07:34:18

Myuureon

Well...all else failed.So err....I'll PM you my login information.

#8 03-17-2006 15:43:43

Pinkie

If file permissions isn't the case, could it be a possibility that the server is refusing to create the PNG file? The server must have understood the request, but is simply refusing to do it. Could it be possible that the server set restrictions on performing certain functions that would in turn return the HTTP response of 403?

Just trying to see if I can help. Myuureon, I'm afraid I can't do much more to help you. I hope you can get the oekaki set up. Good luck in fixing the problem both of you guys. wink

#9 03-18-2006 05:23:15

Waccoon
Administrator

Uh, wait... does PunBB support PM?  Where?

If you mean to e-mail me, my address is here.

If file permissions isn't the case, could it be a possibility that the server is refusing to create the PNG file?

403 errors are document handlers, created by the web server software (such as Apache).  If a file can't be created by PHP, then PHP throws an error, and the server returns 200 ("everything is OK"), so PHP can print the error to the screen.  So, this is some kind of issue with the web server.  It can be caused by anything, really, especially on free servers where administrators are pretty paranoid when it comes to setting up security.  Having permissions too generous can actually throw 403 and 500 errors.

#10 05-28-2006 08:19:00

Pinkie

Ok , Myuureon recently asked me to do a fresh install. I've sorted out everything, and everything seems to be running fine, but we're still getting similar problems with submitting pictures.

Here's a screen shot with :-

paintbbs animated:
http://www.galeofdarkness.net/oekaki/pi … intbbs.gif

shipro:
http://www.galeofdarkness.net/oekaki/pinkie/shipro.gif

oekakibbs:
Image transfer error

The server is paid for. I tried to uplaod the latest version of Wax Poteto via Cpanel. The fresh install is located at: http://www.galeofdarkness.net/oekaki/

Upload do work; the picture folder must be writeable.

Is there anything that we can do? And if Myuureon were to contact support, what could he exactly ask about?

Thank you so much for all your support so far! I just hope you can help us to resolve this issue.

#11 05-29-2006 02:50:23

Waccoon
Administrator

What does your server log say when these 403 errors occur?  I have a bad feeling these problems are because the applets don't send properly formatted POST information.  The reason why I say this is because sending proper GET and POST headers to paintbbsget.php and shiget.php, I don't get any errors.

If it's true that the server rejects raw POST data, I don't think this can be fixed.  sad

#12 05-29-2006 06:27:26

Pinkie

We've decided to host the oekaki on a different host, which has proven to be suscessful; it's causing all of us too many problems with that host.

Thank you for trying to help us out. :3

#13 05-29-2006 20:17:40

Waccoon
Administrator

That's good.  I'd like to know more about the problem, but apparetnly it's an applet issue, so there's probably nothing I can do about it, anyway.

#14 11-29-2006 17:22:20

Karrey

Hey, I just got the same issue, but completely out of the blue. Did you figure out what the causes may be? I am really confused, everything have been working just fine until just recently. hmm

Not sure if it is  the same problem, but it seems like it:

http://www.karrey.com/oekaki

am I wrong?
Nonetheless, it's really weird.
I am not good at this kinda stuff at all.

#15 11-30-2006 05:05:10

Waccoon
Administrator

@Karrey:  I've registered on the board.

Server e-mail isn't working, though.

#16 11-30-2006 05:37:44

Karrey

Alright.

I accepted your registration, now though. smile
Thanks for checking!

#17 11-30-2006 21:10:47

peppper

my oekaki won't post pictures or upload anything either...it also wont let me logout. x_x'

#18 12-01-2006 02:20:42

Waccoon
Administrator

@Karrey:  You'll have to contact your system administrator.  I believe they disabled "HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA" support on the server, and without it, the applets cannot send pictures.  Uploads will work fine, though.  Unfortunately, the applets don't send data to the server "properly", and some servers don't like that.

In an e-mail to tech support, attach this:

From the author of Wacintaki BBS:  Recently, two Java applets used for the Wacintaki BBS stopped functioning.  Both applets send data to the server using HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA.  The applets are "PaintBBS", which sends to "paintbbsget.php", and "ShiPainter", which sends to "shiget.php", and both applets recieve a 403 Forbidden error.  Direct access to the PHP files results in no errors and BBS uploads using multipart encoded HTTP forms works fine.  Was a change made to the server within the last few weeks that disables RAW POST collection by the server when using PHP scripts?

#19 12-01-2006 02:24:12

Waccoon
Administrator

@peppper:  Ah, the infamous login corruption.  This can happen from time to time, and to fix it, you need to clear your web browser's cookies.

Internet Explorer 6
Tools -> Internet Options -> Delete Cookies

Internet Explorer 7
Tools Button -> Delete Browsing History -> Delete Cookies

Firefox
Tools -> Clear Private Data

Opera
Tools -> Delete Private Data

#20 12-01-2006 08:43:50

Karrey

Wacoon: Thankyou kindly! I am contacting them right now. smile

#21 12-01-2006 19:20:22

Karrey

It's working now. smile Thankyou so much for the help Wacoon, I don't know how to thank you enough! Rock on!

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB