NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 07-15-2008 11:12:14

Ashass

Possible error?

I've had a few members complain that any image over 800x800 "blows up" when trying to send it to the oekaki, I'm not sure if that would be because of the actual limitations of the paint apps, or if it has more to do with the oekaki being a fixed size.

So my question to you is, are there any known errors with very large images? (IE: 800x800 or above) when there is no set upload limit, and no timeout limit?

#2 07-16-2008 02:55:12

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Possible error?

There is always a set upload limit.  In the control panel, there is a setting for "Maximum Upload Filesize", and it defaults to 1MB.  For canvases larger than 800x800, that may not be enough.  Increase it to 2MB and that should fix the problem.

Note that these paint applets really aren't very robust, so very large canvases make the applets run very slowly, and crashes are certainly a possibility.

#3 07-16-2008 09:41:33

Ashass

I've got the max uploads set at 5mb (still well within my hosts capabilities and timeout, because i've disabled those and have uploaded single files over a few days that are a few gigs)

I'm not sure exactly what they're doing, only that they have large pictures, that are 1000x1000 (because that is the max I allow on my site) and when they submit it, something goes wrong with the paint app, and crashes sending the file over to the recovery section.

I'll see if I can get more info about it.

#4 07-18-2008 00:21:50

Waccoon
Administrator

OK, so the image data is actually getting through.  What's happening is that the applets aren't redirecting to the comment screen once the picture is saved.  If this is the case, it sounds more like an applet/client issue, rather than a server problem.

What's tricky here is interpreting what people mean by, "the applet crashes".  It might mean a literal crash, or that they are getting some error message, but they are not telling you what the message says.  This is significant because the Shi-Chan applets won't even attempt to redirect to the comment screen until they receive confirmation that the picture was submit successfully.  So, whether the applet really crashes or not would tell us if the server is sending a message over HTTP 200 or not after receiving all the data.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB