NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 09-07-2009 20:42:50

TheAnneh

MySQL Error

Hey, I've been trying to install Wacintaki on my site, and every time I re-install it I get the same error:

ERROR: Could not connect to MySQL database with supplied information.
DB: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client

I'm not sure how to actually fix it. I'm hosting my site via Godaddy, using MySQL 5.0.
Any help I can get is appreciated. <3

#2 09-08-2009 01:22:58

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: MySQL Error

Unfortunately, Godaddy requires the "new" way of using MySQL passwords, which Wacintaki does not support.  It will take some time for me to reprogram the board to support the new method.

#3 09-09-2009 18:59:56

TheAnneh

Oh. Thank you.

#4 09-14-2009 04:06:44

Waccoon
Administrator

Just so you know, I spent some time this weekend writing a new database layer, and it seems to work great with MySQLi servers.  It was easier than I thought.

I need to finish the installer and updater, but in a few more days I should have something you can test.

#5 10-02-2009 23:45:20

TheAnneh

Awesome. :]

#6 10-03-2009 16:36:27

Waccoon
Administrator

Did you get my e-mail?

Here is a beta of 1.5.0, which has the new database code:  1.5.0 beta.  I find it a bit odd that any shared hosting service is using MySQLi right now, but give it a try and see if it works.  It installs just like the current version of Wacintaki.  You don't have to select a different database or something like that.

This is a full install only.  The beta updater is working, but I've disabled it here because 1.5.0 isn't finished, and I don't want other people to update to 1.5.0 just yet.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB