NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 10-17-2009 21:34:30

Shigeki

Any free hosts for oekaki?

Hi, I was wondering if anybody could suggest free hosts for Oekaki, with at least 100 MB of space?
I used to use Awardspace, but they won't let me upload zip files anymore for some reason..
I was going to use x10hosting, but I'm not too fond of having to sign into their forum every 2 weeks. tongue 

Thanks in advance for any help!  ^^

Last edited by Shigeki (10-18-2009 00:08:14)

#2 10-18-2009 18:59:10

Re: Any free hosts for oekaki?

Hello, I recentally installed my friend's oekaki here. They don't have any ads, it's fairly nice, as far as free hosting goes. :]

#3 10-18-2009 23:17:11

Shigeki

Hi! Thank you very much for your suggestion!  000webhost seems perfect so far, except for a little error I get when I try to install
http://i33.tinypic.com/30mwbas.jpg
I have no idea why it does this...

#4 10-21-2009 02:38:15

rainbow

You can try to get hosted on netTHRILLdesigns. I don't know if iceytina will host you or not though, but I was pretty lucky for her to have her host my oekaki. At one time, I tried Orgfree, but Java cannot be supported on their free hosts for security reasons. So much for that. sad

x10hosting and Awardspace have no support for file uploading capabilities, avatars or Java (including ChibiPaint).

#5 10-21-2009 13:17:57

Shigeki

Ah, I tried Orgfree a while back, was disappointed when the ads started showing up. sad
And thanks for the suggestion big_smile I could try it, but I'd rather have my own site, because it's mainly for me to draw and practice stuff, kind of like an illustrated diary.

#6 10-21-2009 14:43:07

Shigeki wrote:

Hi! Thank you very much for your suggestion!  000webhost seems perfect so far, except for a little error I get when I try to install
http://i33.tinypic.com/30mwbas.jpg
I have no idea why it does this...

That is really strange. I installed another oekaki and got no errors?

#7 10-21-2009 16:28:15

Shigeki

Hmm, maybe it's something I'm doing wrong, but I tried twice... Ah well, thanks for the suggestion. smile

#8 10-23-2009 07:02:25

Waccoon
Administrator

That's odd.  You might have to add the "execute" bit when changing file permissions to get the language files to work, or make the language and shipainter folder writable.  I've seen this once before, and it's a real pain.

Make a folder writable:  Use CHMOD number 775.

Make a PHP file executable:  Change the last digit to 5 (645 or 665).

#9 10-23-2009 17:43:41

Shigeki

Waccoon wrote:

That's odd.  You might have to add the "execute" bit when changing file permissions to get the language files to work, or make the language and shipainter folder writable.  I've seen this once before, and it's a real pain.

Make a folder writable:  Use CHMOD number 775.

Make a PHP file executable:  Change the last digit to 5 (645 or 665).

Hi! Thanks very much Waccoon! Everything works great now! The only problem I'm getting is with Shi-Painter, I keep getting an X in the java windows now. sad But Chibi paint and the others work fine for me.

#10 10-24-2009 06:48:18

Waccoon
Administrator

Shipainter requires a few extra files to work, and it's possible that those have to have their permissions changed, too.  Inside the "shipainter" folder, you should see 4 files.  Change them all to CHMOD 646 and see what happens.

It's kind of strange that Shipainter wouldn't work but PaintBSS does.  Perhaps the server just doesn't like files located in folders.

#11 10-24-2009 14:13:19

Shigeki

Waccoon wrote:

Shipainter requires a few extra files to work, and it's possible that those have to have their permissions changed, too.  Inside the "shipainter" folder, you should see 4 files.  Change them all to CHMOD 646 and see what happens.

It's kind of strange that Shipainter wouldn't work but PaintBSS does.  Perhaps the server just doesn't like files located in folders.

Thank you Waccoon! It works great now. big_smile Thanks for the help everyone!

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB