NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 10-25-2009 16:48:36

CupcakeMan

Moving the mailbox link successfully?

Okay, I'm getting rid of the header section at the top of my oekaki, and I don't know how to do the online count next to the 'online' link, and the new mail message blinking number next to 'mailbox'.

Code:

<html>
<head>
<style type="text/css">
span.newmail {fontweight:bold; text-decoration:blink}
</style>
</head>

<body>
</table>
</td>
<td>
<b>
<a href="http://www.cloudy-windrose.net/elsewhere-oekaki/draw.php">Draw!</a> | 
<a href="http://www.cloudy-windrose.net/elsewhere-oekaki/upload.php">Upload</a> | 
<a href="mailbox.php">Mailbox</a>
</b>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
</body>
</html>

I think I'll have to use if else statements with javascript for the mailbox, right? But I have no idea what do do about the online number. Sorry if this is a stupid question ._.;

Last edited by CupcakeMan (10-25-2009 16:59:57)

#2 10-25-2009 19:52:35

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Moving the mailbox link successfully?

You can't do this with HTML or JavaScript.  You have to edit the PHP source code to control both of these features.

The code to handle both is in "header.php", in the section titled, "Collect user info".  Later, the menus are built by adding each item to an array using $right_menu[].  All the header items must be located somewhere in "header.php" for these features to work.

#3 10-26-2009 08:51:56

CupcakeMan

Re: Moving the mailbox link successfully?

Oh rats. I had a feeling you were gonna say that. Well, at least I had a backup plan.

http://www.cloudy-windrose.net/elsewher … /index.php

Once I talk to the person who uploads my files (we share hosting. Kinda inconvenient when she's not around ._. ), I'm removing the 'view:drawings' and the search, and I've relocated that. I also condensed the 'my oekaki' section with the edit pics and profile into a dropdown menu.
Then I'm going to shrink the header so it's 600px and I'm putting the barcode thing and the vines in the banner section.

But here's the drawback, I don't think that the admin and owner stuff will fit if it's 600px wide. Now, I was thinking of also making those two a drop down menu in the header.php, but I'm not exactly sure how I would go about doing that.

I figure I'll mimic the way the 'view: drawings' dropdown menu worked, but how keep it so only admins and owners can see it, and how to actually make it work is a bit beyond me.

Code:

// If admin (Global) ...
    if ($flags['admin']) {
?>

<form method="get" action="index.php" style="margin: 0;">

<select onchange="this.form.submit();" name="sort" title="Admin" class="multiline">
                <option value="0" <? if ($sort==0) echo('selected="selected"') ?>><?=$langop_word_drawings?></option>
                <option value="2" <? if ($sort==2) echo('selected="selected"') ?>><?=$langop_word_animations?></option>
                <option value="4" <? if ($sort==4) echo('selected="selected"') ?>><?=$langop_word_archives?></option>
                <option value="8" <? if ($sort==8) echo('selected="selected"') ?>><?=$langop_publicimg?></option>
                <option value="1" <? if ($sort==1) echo('selected="selected"') ?>><?=$langop_drawbycomm?></option>
                <option value="3" <? if ($sort==3) echo('selected="selected"') ?>><?=$langop_animbycomm?></option>
                <option value="5" <? if ($sort==5) echo('selected="selected"') ?>><?=$langop_archbycomm?></option>
            </select>
<? //<input name="sortartist2" type="submit" value="Go" class="submit" />?>
            <input name="pageno" type="hidden" value="0" />
        </form>

Would I just replace

Code:

<?=$langop_word_drawings?>

with the admin/owner stuff and then make the option value the link to it?

For example:

Code:

<option value="http://www.cloudy-windrose.net/elsewhere-oekaki/delpics.php">Delete Pics</option>

Also I don't know if the

Code:

<? if ($sort==0) echo('selected="selected"') ?>

Part is needed.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB