NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 05-17-2018 06:11:47

Mixelon

No “edit in” chickenpaint?

I’m contemplating completely stripping the Java applets from my oekaki and only keeping the html5 chickenpaint, but the ability to edit pictures after doing an upload doesn’t seem to exist with chicken (it’s not in the menu list when you’re choosing “drawn in” after upload.. is this just my installation being weird, a chickenpaint limitation, or a wakintaki thing?

Glad your forum is still here, not sure if this is an easy fix or if you even want to support wakintaki anymore, respect for keeping the light on anyway! smile

#2 05-20-2018 01:11:28

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: No “edit in” chickenpaint?

The edit feature should work normally for ChickenPaint.  In the main BBS view, the upper-left corner of each post should have a link that says "Re-Touch", right next to the picture number.  It's showing up and working fine on my own BBS, but I'll take a closer look to see if I missed something.  If you could describe any inconsistencies in the UI or provide a screenshot, that would be helpful.

BTW, if you're not aware, you can easily disable all the Java applets by opening the "hacks.php" file and changing this line:

Code:

define('APPLET_DISABLE_JAVA', 0);

...to...

define('APPLET_DISABLE_JAVA', 1);

#3 05-20-2018 09:50:45

Mixelon

It’s working on mine now too, oops! It lets me retouch stuff I’ve uploaded with chickenpaint originally..

I think I’ve figured it out, on my board it’s because there’s no “upload as” option (Applet list menu thingy) type for chickenpaint on upload.php so when users try to retouch it sends them to a different applet?

Thanks for the continued support. 🙂

I’ll try the disable java thing too!

Edit: trying to add screenshot..

http://mfdawes.com/kakiwak.jpg

Last edited by Mixelon (05-20-2018 10:52:14)

#4 05-21-2018 01:50:46

Waccoon
Administrator

Oh, duh... I forgot to change the upload script to support ChickenPaint.  That's been fixed in the new 1.6.6 patch.

If you've already applied the 1.6.6 patch I uploaded yesterday, here's the new upload hotfix: Upload-1.6.6.zip

#5 05-21-2018 07:04:11

Mixelon

Thanks that’s fixed it. big_smile

Now this is going to sound silly but I cant find hacks.php ? It’s not in my main kaki folder anyway.

#6 05-21-2018 20:42:02

Waccoon
Administrator

It's perfectly okay if the file is missing, and the smaller patches do not include it.  If you want to install it, it should be in the "/resource" folder of the main ZIP archive.  Just copy it to the respective folder on your oekaki.

Some of the settings in that file are designed to cope with "weird" servers, so don't change anything unless you know exactly what it does, particularly with regards to e-mail or security.

#7 08-13-2018 18:32:07

taraconnor777

Hi, i use chickensmoothie all the time--and the only applet software that works is chickenpaint anymore--none of the javas work,i asked Microsoft they have to disable all java uses so they don't get sued for security risks.--cause java is too insecure.

so no matter what any art sites tell you, all of em almost, java will not work applets.chicken paint always works.java is DEAD.iT WON'T WORK EVEN IF YOU UPDATE IT WITH any BROWSER.I DON'T KNOW ANYONE ANY FRIENDS ON OEKAKIS WHO CAN MAKE JAVA WORK. I cannot get internet explorer to make java work.that's just my experience i am in the USA.Most of my friends gave up and go on sites to draw,that have no java.me too.chickensmoothie has the highest software good results that I know of.I joined Sutaro sketcher can't make java work the applets.If anyone wants to tell me I am not doing something right that's ok.  thank you, respectfully, new member smile   (oopps that patch is "not allowed to open by windows" it refuses to open it. my chicken paint use is pretty good though. it works very well.)  smile

Last edited by taraconnor777 (08-13-2018 18:36:35)

#8 08-14-2018 03:40:09

Waccoon
Administrator

Java security isn't that bad.  If you don't trust Oracle's version of Java, there are alternatives such as IcedTea, which are based on completely separate engines.  Both Microsoft and Apple had their own versions of Java, after all (even though both were terrible).

Much like with Flash, Java is mostly being phased out due to politics.  The web browser developers don't want you using any technology they can't control, and that means eliminating support for ALL plugins, regardless of who makes them.

Both Java and Flash can do tons of things HTML/JS can't... and won't for a long time.  It sucks how end-users no longer have the ability to make their own choices.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB