NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 07-22-2023 23:32:30

Waccoon
Administrator

Wacintaki 1.6.10 released

Another major patch that includes more fixes for PHP 8.2, and also conforms to the new MySQL 8 syntax.  I've been pretty lax at updating my development box to new MySQL versions, and I had no idea MySQL 8 introduced some new reserved keywords that clashes with Wacintaki.  I believe there's actually a bug in the new MySQL regarding keyword handling, but... I've worked around that.

Be aware that some templates have been updated, so if you have modified a template, make sure not to accidentally overwrite your own.

If you're updating from an older version than 1.6.8, it's recommended that you delete the entire "chickenpaint" folder before replacing it with the new one.  If you already have 1.6.8, there are no updates for ChickenPaint and you do not need to touch this folder.

Patch for 1.6.9 or newer: 1.6.09 to 1.6.10 update
Patch for 1.6.8 or newer: 1.6.08 to 1.6.10 update
Patch for older versions: Visit the products download page.

Code:

v1.6.10 - July 22, 2023:

CHANGES:
    - Added some new filters and sanity limits to user profile information.
    - If a forwarding error occurs, clicking the close link will go back, rather than close the window.
    - All members may now use apostrophes, quotes, and symbols in their usernames.
    - Passwords may now contain all visible symbols.
    - Removed unused "edit_resource.php" file.
    - Improved database error reporting when installing.
    - NoteBBS now has its own datatype distinct from PaintBBS.

BUGFIXES:
    - Fixed bug that allowed owners to have quotes in usernames when they weren't allowed.
    - MySQL 8: Quoted `comment`, `language`, and `rank` database fields to avoid keyword conflicts.
    - MySQL 8: Quoted all database table names and a few other things, just to be safe.
    - PHP 8.2: Uploads did not have width/height saved reliably (it worked, but wrong function used).
    - PHP 8.2: Fixed yet more null string processing issues (mostly with fresh installations).
    - Draw screen now remembers app numbers correctly and deletes app settings cookie correctly.
    - Diagnostics page will no longer try to find average filesizes if board has no pictures.
    - When new registrations are granted, permission flags are properly shown to registrants.
    - Fixed database layer closing connection before logging errors during database selection.
    - Fixed undefined variable in lightbox code when viewing a member profile.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB