NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 04-06-2006 06:56:39

Tiamat

Registration Activation Code - Page not found

I had several friends try to register for my board, only to find that their activation code has no effect. What did I do wrong? I have it set to Forced acceptance for the time being until I got figure it out.
http://dragonsoulgallery.com/i-g

#2 04-06-2006 14:17:22

niko

Re: Registration Activation Code - Page not found

Hey Tiamat !

I registered but did not get a activation email.  Check your setup for emailing?

niko  ( no I'm not following you, it was just a weird coincedance)

Last edited by niko (04-06-2006 16:35:20)

#3 04-07-2006 00:33:47

Tiamat

niko wrote:

Hey Tiamat !

I registered but did not get a activation email.  Check your setup for emailing?

niko  ( no I'm not following you, it was just a weird coincedance)

Stalkerstalker. J/K

I turned to email off off for the time being 'cause the activation link isn't working. You should be activated automatically, but I'll check. Do /you/ know why it would be doing that/how I could fix it?

#4 04-07-2006 06:25:48

Waccoon
Administrator

Go into the control panel and look for "URL to OekakiPoteto" (near the top).  Make sure it is set as http://dragonsoulgallery.com/i-g, with the http://, wihtout a slash at the end, and with no capitalization.  Wacintaki normally tries to guess this URL, but sometimes it doesn't work.  Also, if there's a slash at the end, Wacintaki removes it automatically.

If people are getting the e-mail to activate their account, but the link doesn't work, this config setting is usually to blame.

#5 04-08-2006 00:32:25

Tiamat

Waccoon wrote:

Go into the control panel and look for "URL to OekakiPoteto" (near the top).  Make sure it is set as http://dragonsoulgallery.com/i-g, with the http://, wihtout a slash at the end, and with no capitalization.  Wacintaki normally tries to guess this URL, but sometimes it doesn't work.  Also, if there's a slash at the end, Wacintaki removes it automatically.

If people are getting the e-mail to activate their account, but the link doesn't work, this config setting is usually to blame.

Aha! I bet that's what it is big_smile Thank you so much -bowbow-

#6 04-08-2006 01:13:25

Tiamat

New problem. )< I can't logout?

#7 04-08-2006 06:13:08

Waccoon
Administrator

Blasted cookies.  They never work right.

IE:  Tools -> Internet Options -> Delete Cookies.

Firefox:  Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> (next to Cookies, click the Clear button)

#8 04-09-2006 01:26:43

Tiamat

Waccoon wrote:

Blasted cookies.  They never work right.

IE:  Tools -> Internet Options -> Delete Cookies.

Firefox:  Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> (next to Cookies, click the Clear button)

Thank you! You are the nicest help ever <3
One more thing, and then I'll dissapear. I'm all into being original, so I'd like to make my own template. I do know CSS, and I've been peaking inside some of the templates source codes, so that part is no problem. I just want to know how I would make it work/install it on the oekaki. Do I just make a new CSS/PHP file and upload it into the folder? Does it have to be named something special? I've tried making a .css file and uploading it into the templates folder, but it didn't work/show up on the list. There is something I'm missing, isn't there?

#9 04-09-2006 08:01:38

Waccoon
Administrator

I'll admit the template system is a bit weird.

Normally, you'd want to open one of the ".php" templates into a text editor and modify that.  When you upload it to the board, it shows up in the templates drop-down menu in both the control panel as well as the profile editor.  When selected, by anyone, the CSS will be generated automatically.  If you make more changes to the PHP file, you will have to delete the CSS file from the server.  The board will then make a new CSS file.

If you only know CSS, things are trickier.  The board will only show a template in the BBS menus if a PHP file exists.  Duplicate one of the PHP files, name it to whatever you like, and select it within the BBS so the CSS will be generated.  Then, download the CSS file, modify it to your liking, and re-upload it to the board.  Even though the PHP and CSS files are mismatched, Wacintaki will use the CSS file.  Make sure you have a backup of the CSS file, because if it is ever deleted from the server, a new CSS file will be generated from the PHP file.

If you plan on making lots of changes to the CSS, getting the Firefox web browser, and then the EditCSS extension, will make your life a lot easier.

Also, here's an excerpt from the manual:

Templates don't update: This is a limitation of the Wacintaki template engine. If you make changes to the templates's PHP file, you will have to manually delete the template's CSS file before the new changes take effect. Wacintaki will then build a new CSS file. Opening the header.php file and setting $force_build to 1 will make Wacintaki build new templates every time someone views the board, which makes generating templates easier. Set this value back to 0 when you are done, though, or bandwidth usage will go up considerably!

#10 04-09-2006 19:33:36

Tiamat

Thank you again! I would have never figured that out. <3

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB